Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Loving 2011 Day 7

How did you honor your body in 2011?


I wish I could think of an amazing example of how I honored my body this year, and while I do have ways in which I honor my body, I don't do it as much as I would like. I have a tendency to become stagnant physically, emotionally, and otherwise in my life. I think this stems from fear and overwhelm of decision making...anywho... it is a challenge for me-most of the time- to make myself do the things that I KNOW make me feel better in my body and spirit. This is something I am continuously working on. The things that make me feel as though I am honoring my body are: yoga, meditation, rest, and eating well. By eating well I mean fresh, raw (when possible), vegetarian (or vegan if I am being particularly conscientious).

One way that I did honor my body this year was by reading Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet. This is an amazing book and I feel that the word "diet" within the title can be a little misleading. I am not a believer in diets so to speak. This is more of a prescription or plan for a holistic lifestyle and it's awesome, I highly recommend it. Maybe I will write more about the book later but for now it is way past my bed time! Night, night.

Love,
Yelhsa

1 comment:

  1. I love Crazy Sexy Diet! Kris Carr totally got us into green juice. Although my eating path is more diverse than hers allows, I still love incorporating wisdom from her approach. :)

    ReplyDelete