Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 8: Blocks

Where were your blocks this year and how did you release them?


Oh where do I begin? Blocks are a HUGE issue in my life...so much so that on pontificating my 2012 word I am seriously considering FLOW. Stagnation is a challenge for me, physically, creatively and otherwise. One of the other participants in Loving 2011 (sorry, I don't yet know your name!) mentioned how she is a perfectionist and sometimes, rather than doing something "wrong" or "badly" she just doesn't do it all. This is also the case with me. A lot of times I will see inspiration for an art project and because I don't know "how" to do it, or for fear that my end result will be sub-par I just abandon the possibility. Occasionally I will allow myself to play with paint and be unattached to the outcome...I would like to do more of this.

This is a picture of my friend's little girl Olivia who I nanny several days a week. I pulled out the paint one day and the picture above is the result. We both had SO much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment